Windows 8 support
With 1.2.4 Mumble is now officially supporting Windows 8.
We recommend all users on Windows 8 to upgrade: 1.2.3 has many known issues with the platform including known issues with the UI and Overlay.
Volume attenuation is now available for PulseAudio (Linux)
Mumble now opts out of volume ducking on Windows Greater or Equal to 7
Other Audio Feature
Currently used codec on a server is now being displayed in the server information dialog.
The used codec is automatically selected by the server according to the connected clients and which codecs they can use.
Text-to-Speech can be configured to read back own messages.
Positional Audio support for more Games and other improvements (context and identities) for already supported games
Idle deaf: Now you can choose between being deafened or muted.
Possibility to whisper to subchannels of parent channel.
Mumble will now react to default device and device property changes on Windows Greater or equal to Vista (WASAPI)
- XInput 2.0 Support (Linux)
- While XInput 2.0 is still in a development specification proposal phase. Still, support for the current state of the specification has been added.
- Ability to limit number of lines in chatlog
- Intelligent chatlog scrolling
- If you get new messages in the chatlog while you are not scrolled to the bottom, Mumble will no longer scroll down automatically to the last entry in the chatlog. This is helpful for scrolling and reading the chatlog while activity is still going on.
- Default target for textmessages using the chatbar is now always the current channel. The old behavior can be configured in Configure - Settings - User-Interface - “Use selected item as chat bar target”
- History for the chatbar is now keyboard scrollable with [Ctrl+Cursor up] or [Ctrl+Cursor down]
- The "Drag here" box now only appears in the custom layout.
- Added a right-click context menu for channels, which lets you copy a Mumble URL pointing to the current server/channel to the system clipboard
- Ability to ignore only text messages of users
- Beside the absolute values you can see percent values of late and lost packets in Server-Information
- Sort users by alphabet or by activity
- Ability to not show inactive users in the overlay - with a configurable inactivity-time (default is 5 seconds)
- New client-Error-messages
- New message when providing a wrong certificate or password on login
- Both shortcuts [Ctrl+O] (Server - Connect) and [Ctrl+W] (Server - Disconnect) have been removed
- Support for new URI-protocols in messages, user comments and channel descriptions
- Gadu-Gadu: gg://
- Jabber: xmpp://
- Skype: skype://
- Email: mailto://
- If Mumble is minimized, a click on the message notification restores it; to close the message notification, click the cross Notification, when someone starts recording, is also shown in linked channels
- "Users above Channels" is now enabled by default
- SHA1-Checksums are shown for certificates instead of MD5
- Following actions are disabled if the actor is inside a temporary channel: mute, deaf, priority speaker
- Compatibility-Client for servers 1.1.8 has been removed completely
- Default version string for Mumble-URLs is now version=1.2.0
- Improved stability on OS X 10.7 (Lion) and 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
- Mumble now supports Notification Center when running on OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
- Overlay installation has been simplified.
- Global Shortcuts no longer require 'Access to assistive' devices in all cases.
- A more user-friendly guide mechanism is provided in the Global Shortcuts preferences explaining when 'Access to assistive devices' is required.
- Murmur is no longer included in the Mumble.app bundle, but is distributed as a separate tarball.