How To Copy, Rename, Delete and Edit Your Teamspeak 3 Server Groups
In the previous tutorial article, we showed you where your privilege keys are stored and how to use them. We also showed you how to create new privilege keys, based on the appropiate server group.
In this tutorial we will show you how to copy, rename, edit and delete a server group.
Keep in mind, there is no reason to right click on any individual and give them Server Admin. When you do so, you only lose Control over your Server as this person can ban you at any time.
Create a copy of the Server Admin Group and rename it. You can now edit the group and tweak any permission and reduce the power this group will have, thus limiting the possibility of you ever losing control of your Teamspeak Server.
Step 1 - Login To Your Clanwarz Account
Step 2 - Click The TS3 Control Panel Button To Automatically Login To Your Teamspeak 3 Control Panel
Step 3 - Click The Permission Overview Tab - Select Server Groups
Step 4 - Be Sure Server Admin Group Is Highlighted - Click The Copy Button
Step 5 - Highlight The Copied Group - Press Rename Button - Rename The Group - Press Rename Button
Step 6 - Highlight The Renamed Group - Edit All Permissions Necessary - Press Save Group Template
IMPORTANT Things to keep in mind when you are editing your Server Groups
- There is no reason to place anyone in the Server Admin Group - You only lose control of your server when you do
- If you place someone you have never met before in the Server Admin Group, the chances of you being banned is now possible
- Never edit the Server Admin Group as this only removes or reduces YOUR permissions
- Never delete the Server Admin Group - If you do, you need to reset your Permissions in the Control Panel
- If you have been a client for more than a day and remove your Server Admin Group, open a Support Ticket and we will install a backup for you
- You should be the ONLY person in the Server Admin Group!